Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 6: One of your favorite TV shows

I have a few favorite shows, but I would have to say among the top would be "Reba". 

I found this brief synopsis of the show for those of you who haven't seen it:

"Southern soccer mom Reba's life is turned upside down when her hubby leaves her for his pregnant younger girlfriend. Now Reba's forced to hold it together as a newly single mom with three kids and a grandkid under one roof. Good thing she has her humor and tough love to help make it through life's crazy ups and downs."

It actually took me a while to get into this show.  My friend, Teri, watched it all the time, and I could never really get hooked.  When we finally had a "Reba" marathon one weekend, and I couldn't stop watching it.  I think I was amazed at how "real" it was. 

Some people may see the whole plot of the series as "dysfunctional", but I don't see it like that at all.  I see it as a family taking what could be a dysfunctional situation and making it work.  They prove that no matter what life throws your way, as long as you have each other, the people who love and care about you, you will be just fine.  The show does a great job of expressing that you are ultimately in control of the outcome of your own life.

I think I love this show so much because it is kind of a reflection of how I try to live my life.  I try to make the most out of any situation I am handed, good or bad.  I laugh a lot, and try to just be thankful for what I have.  It's also a good example of how every situation we go through in life shapes us.  It is so neat to watch the characters in this series grow as they face new challenges. 

If you have never watched the show, I encourage you to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment