Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 10: Someone who fascinates you and why

There are many fascinating people in this world, but to me, children are really the most fascinating beings on this Earth.  My daughter fascinates me daily.  She is the single most fascinating person I know.

I really don't even know where to start when it comes to describing why she is so fascinating to me.  There really isn't much about her that doesn't amaze me.  I could start by the look on her face with every new experience she has, the way she giggles uncontrollably at the silliest little thing, or how she soaks in everything so thoroughly and quickly...she is BRILLIANT!   Then there is how she takes a tumble and gets right back up without even shedding a tear, and all I have to is kiss her booboo and she is all better...she is so STRONG!  I wish through the rest of her life I could fix all her hurt with a kiss. 

I am awe-struck by how much she learns on a daily basis and demonstrates it to me...from her numbers, to her alphabet, to her randomly singing along to a song that comes on in the car.  I look at her with amazement when she climbs up the play equipment at the park and without hesitation wants to go down the slide...she is so BRAVE!

She sees the world with such clarity because her view has yet to be fogged up with all the things she "expects" to see.  She still views the world as a good place where evil doesn't exist...she is so INNOCENT!  I wish I could protect her forever from all of the evil.

What fascinates me the most about her is the way she can make any bad day a good one...how I can be devastated by something and all I have to do is hold her and my world is good again.  She is MY GOOD in this world, even when everything else seems unbearable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment