Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name

The meaning behind your blog name:

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Most of us have heard the saying "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade".  But...what if you don't like lemonade, or what if life has handed you so many lemons you are just plain sick of lemonade?  I found the following quotes from different people regarding what they think should be done when life gives you lemons...


“When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.”   - Cathy Guisewite
“When life gives you lemons, chuck it right back.”  - Bill Watterson

“I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” - Ron White


“when life gives you lemons make grape juice and sit back and watch the world ask how you did it.”
― Tori Truax
 
“When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”  - J.K. Simmons

We have all heard many different spins on this saying, and I think what it comes down to is...we get to decide how to use the "lemons" we are given.  We probably all know people who have let their lemons make them bitter, and in some cases even destroy them, but I think we also all know individuals who were given a basket full of lemons and decided to do more with those lemons than just make a huge batch of lemonade.  They use their lemons to show us what it truly means to face life's greatest struggles with dignity and compassion.  They embrace, adjust, and move forward. 

I encourage you to not measure your life based on the "lemons" you are given, but by what you choose to do with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment